I encountered this bug after upgrading JIRA from 7.1.2 to 7.9.0. To replicate:
- In the plugin’s “Manage” page (/plugins/servlet/hiptest/admin), set the Hiptest URL to ‘httXXps://hiptest.net’, as would be the case for anyone who installed Hiptest pre-domain-name migration.
- In Hiptest, pick a scenario and copy its URL, which will be of the form httXXps://app .hiptest.com/projects//test-plan/folders/
- Paste the URL into a JIRA issue’s hiptest panel to add it. This should work.
- View a Scrum Board containing the issue (create a board if ncessary).
- In the Board’s backlog, click the issue to preview it in the right panel.
At this point you will get a “An error occurred” box, with details saying “Exception: Uncaught Error: Unexpected message received from: httXXps://app.hiptest.com for iFrameResizer0”.
This is due to the iframe loading from ‘httXXps://hiptest.net’, but then trying to pull content from httXXps://app .hiptest.com.
In JIRA 7.1.2 this doesn’t occur, because JIRA Agile doesn’t attempt to load plugin iframes in the preview.
IMO this is an Hiptest plugin bug. There needs to be a new release with an upgrade task to migrate from old to new URL.
EDIT: urls munged with XXs to avoid stupid “new users can only put 2 links in a post.” errors