Is coding knowledge required to automate tests using Hiptest publisher

Hi,
I am a new to Hiptest . I would like to evaluate the tool for use in our project.
A few questions -

1. Is programming/coding knowledge required to automate test cases with Hiptest publisher
  2. Do you expect a test automation engineer (or somebody with coding knowledge) to implement the action words or steps?
  3. Do you have an email to which I could write for support/help?

Regards,
Catherine.

Hello Catherine,
First, welcome to Hiptest.
I will try to answer your questions:
1 - Is programming/coding knowledge required to automate test cases with Hiptest publisher
Yes, Hiptest publisher will generate executable scripts, but the logic behind should be implemented by the automation team / devs.
2 - Do you expect a test automation engineer (or somebody with coding knowledge) to implement the action words or steps?
Yes, this is how it works, but when you implements a lot of actionwords, the fact that Hiptest promote usage of the existing actionwords, you can imagine writing scenarios based on the existing steps, and execute them without needing to re implement anything.
3 - Do you have an email to which I could write for support/help?
You can reach the support team using both email and this chat window. The email of support is : support [AT] hiptest.[net]
Regards
Karam

Thank you for the reply.

With Behat and MinkContext (and other context like Behatch) you can automate test case without programming knowledge after this tools are deployed/configured by a developper team.

This action can be made once if the developper team give you a pré-configured archive project.

@hiptest : Pearhaps it will be a good idea to create a Behat/Mink automation deployment script for non-technical tester.